Fat and protein is the best thing you can have for breakfast, making this an amazing way to start the day. And we also love showing people how to not be afraid of good fats!
This simple recipe is fast, easy, and loaded with healthy fat, good protein, fiber, and antioxidants.
Avocados are known to help reduce cholesterol levels, reduce the risk of high blood pressure and stroke, assist in blood and bone health with it’s high levels of vitamin K, and it’s fats are also beneficial for nerve and brain health.
We eat these guys pretty much everyday!
Foodie Tip: When cooking fatty foods, you want to make sure you don’t heat it above what it can tolerate. This can makes the fats go rancid and have the complete opposite effect on your body. Avocados and Olive Oil used in this recipe are not to be heated above a medium heat, which is why I keep the oven to 325 degrees max. Grape Seed Oil and Coconut Oil can be heated higher than this.
Here’s our delicious Avocado and Egg Bake:
– 1 avocado
– 1 pastured egg
– 1 small tomato (or a handful of cherry tomatoes)
– 3 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
– 1 Tbsp olive oil
– 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
– 1 Tbsp goats cheese (optional)
– salt and pepper to taste
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2) Cut avocado in half, and remove the pit. Place it face up in the baking dish
3) Crack the egg into the whole of the avocado ( I put the whites in one, and the yolk in the other)
4) Top with the rest of the ingredients
5) Bake for about 15 mins, or until your egg is cooked to your liking.
6) Eat it up!