I want to talk to EVERYONE about some of the basics behind the Feel Good Foodies philosophy of holistic health. A paradigm shift seems to be happening within more and more people, and I want to see this continue to happen! In this 2-part video are some of the basic principles that I often feel the need to explain to clients when they’re doubtful of the relevance of something I’m asking them about or suggesting to them. If I just give you the low-down here, then we can all jump to the same page and then truck on from there, right? Great! Enjoy my occasional awkwardness on camera and funny editing as I learn how to make videos! Let’s get to it! Watch it now!
Spoiler Alert! Here’s a little summary of some of the ideas in this video:
- How do you define health? Is it merely the absence of disease? …Or is more possible? (Answer: YES! Healthy is a positive state, and it is possible for you to THRIVE!)
- Either you make things change through action, or things will begin to break down through inaction.
- Every action creates a reaction: with every food you choose to consume, you are either building health or you are building illness. You have CHOICE and POWER!
- Consider how you might make your life (your activities, diet, lifestyle, thoughts) more life-affirming.
- It’s not what you do all of the time that counts, but what you do most of the time that counts.
- For more on the idea of the 80/20 rule and making your OCCASIONAL unhealthy indulgences “splurgeworthy”, check out this article I wrote a while back.
- You practically have a new body every seven years, which means it has been made out of what you chose to consume over the course of those seven years. What do you want your body to be made out of?
Hang around and see the second video instalment next week!
Stay holistic-as-heck, friends!
-Candace and The FGF Team